Tuesday 7 May 2013

LL #9- I'll Do It Tomorrow...

Procrastination. We all do it. I mean, I've been putting off this learning log all week.

Lately, I feel like my procrastination tendencies have gotten even worse. Maybe because its getting closer to summer, as well as graduation, school work has felt like such a chore to me.

Since I'm decently interested in psychology and why people do the things they do, I decided to do a little bit of research about why we procrastination and here are some reasons I found.

1. Fear of Failure: 
If you're not particularity skilled at what your procrastinating, its easy to put it off and avoid it in fear of failure.

2. Fear of Success:
Complete opposite of fear of failure, but it is a definite reason as well. Some people avoid doing their best to avoid high expectations of them and in turn, greater responsibilities.

3. Perfectionism:
Some people become fixated on the idea that they want whatever they do to be perfect, but in turn cant live up to those standards because nobody is perfect, so they end up not accomplishing whatever it is they are supposed to get done.

I can definitely relate to the fear of failure. There has been many times where I've just avoided doing an assignment because I felt like I didn't have a good enough idea for it or I just wasn't good at what I had to do.

Also, if you're interested in reading the article I got this info from click here.

2 comments:

  1. Great topic for reflection, Kayla. It fits your research and the time of year. The post will have people reflecting on their own tendencies to put things off.

    Thank you, as well, for including some extra reading on the topic.

    ReplyDelete