Monday 8 April 2013

LL #5- Myers Briggs

Well it's been a while! In the last little while we've started on our individual projects. As I mentioned in my previous learning log, I'm really interested in psychology so I decided to do some research on it. Specifically, about the different Myers Briggs personality types. 

Basically for those who don't know, the concept of the Myers Briggs personality types were started by Katherine Cook Briggs and her daughter Isabel Briggs Myers, in the 1960s. It's basically a really in depth personality test that at the end gives you a series of four letters that indicate your personality type. There are 16 possible combinations and types and I'm really interested in studying each personality type in depth. Right now I'm just trying to learn the differences between 8 different letters and what each of them mean. 

So basically people are either:
-An extrovert or an introvert
-Sensing or intuitive
-A feeler or a thinker
-A perceiver or a judger

It's definitely possible to be in the middle of both categories, but most often people usually lean a little more to one than the other. I know for myself when I took the test, I had about a 2% preference between being a Sensor and an Intuitive, so it's definitely possible to have a bit of the characteristics of both categories. 

This chart I found has actually been super helpful in really laying out the differences between each letter:


So yay, I'm pretty excited to really find out more about each personality type and just see how accurate this test really is!

No comments:

Post a Comment